CUMBERLAND TRAILS CONFERENCE
Current as of August 2017 (2) Openings Receptionist / Office Manager Part Time Openings. (2) Openings, Trail Crew; one for Central, one Southern. See below.
——- Taking Applications —————
The Cumberland Trails Conference (CTC) is an affiliated organization of Tennessee Trails Association charged with acquisition and construction of the Cumberland Trail, a Tennessee State Scenic Trail and the core of the 300-mile linear Cumberland Trail State Park. CTC manages both paid and volunteer staff in cooperation with Tennessee State Parks to complete this work. CTC also works with local communities to establish and build connecting trail corridors throughout East Tennessee.
Cumberland Trails Conference is now hiring two (2) part-time Receptionist/Office Managers to split the duties listed below with each position consisting of 2-days per week (7 hours per day). We will consider one person to fill both positions.
Receptionist/Office Manager Job Description/Responsibilities:
Please note: All job duties are in coordination with CTC’s Board, committees, staff, partners, and volunteers.
- Reception Duties: Maintain office hours, meet, greet, educate, and provide the public literature on our activities, and encourage folks to join, volunteer, and support our work. Maintain, at the highest level, a professional appearance and work-space in all CTC office, storage, and all program or user/rental facilities.
- Office Manager Duties: Communicate via social media and E-newsletter with volunteers, leadership, and partners. Manage accounts receivable/payable, payroll, databases, grants, and gift acknowledgement. Manage registrations, communication, calendars, materials & supplies for our programs, crew, and Board. Monitor vehicle maintenance and inventory.
- Requirements: Good verbal and written skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office, to include Word and Excel. Familiarity with Quicken preferred but not required. Current Tennessee Driver License and transportation required.
- Each position consists of 2 days per week (7 hours per day) with CTC’s office open daily 10-3 daily Tuesday thru Friday, position will work 8-3 or 9-4. Rate negotiable.
Send resumes by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or U.S. Mail to 409 Thurman Avenue, Suite 102, Crossville TN 38555 (931-456-6259).
Trails…we build them. Posted 8/18/2017
Trail Building Assistant (Crew)
Date of Job Opening:
– – – – – current – – – –
Two Positions open. One for Central Crew, One for Southern Crew
Part time, flexible; average 2 to 4 days per week, including some weekends. Work days vary with season and scheduled construction projects.
Central Crew currently working near Crab Orchard, Cumberland County
Southern Crew working near Graysville, Tennessee
Community members who love to build trail.
- Leadership Skills
- Communication Skills
- Coordination Skills
- Trail Building Related Experience (helpful but we do train)
First Aid Education
- Good Physical Condition
- Able to lift 40 pounds easily
- Able to hike six miles with 20 pound pack and tools
- Comfortable in a Back Country Setting
- Comfortable with power tools and chain saw
Beginning salary of $10.00 per hour, to be increased to $10.50 after 90 days satisfactory job performance.
Resume: Please focus on work, educational, or volunteer related experiences
Interview: Qualified applicants will be notified for interview with CTC’s staff.
General responsibilities include 90% trail construction and maintenance, 10% volunteer and community relations. Responsibilities are completed in cooperation with Cumberland Trails Conference’s (CTC) Board, paid staff, volunteer leadership, staff of Cumberland Trail State Park (CTSSP) and any partnering organizations or communities.
Deadline for Application Requirements:
Mail, E-mail, or Fax resume to:
Cumberland Trail Conference
409 Thurman Ave, #102
Crossville, TN 38555