Trail Building Assistant (Crew)
Date of Job Opening: – – – – current – – – –
Multiple positions open.
Part-time, flexible; average 2 to 4 days per week, including some weekends. Workdays vary with season and scheduled construction projects.
Central Crew currently working near Crab Orchard, Cumberland County
Southern Crew working near Graysville, Tennessee
Community members who love to build trail. Previous trail building preferred but not necessary.
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Coordination skills
- Trail building related experience (helpful but we do train)
- Map reading
- Safety education
- First aid education
- Good physical condition
- Able to lift 40 pounds easily
- Able to hike six miles with 20 pound pack and tools
- Comfortable in a backcountry setting
- Comfortable with power tools and chain saw
Salary: Per current policy
- Resume: Please focus on work, educational, or volunteer related experiences
- References: Three
- Interview: Qualified applicants will be notified for interview with CTC’s staff.
General responsibilities include 90% trail construction and maintenance, 10% volunteer and community relations. Responsibilities are completed in cooperation with Cumberland Trails Conference’s (CTC) Board, paid staff, volunteer leadership, staff of Cumberland Trail State Scenic Trail (CTSSP), and any partnering organizations or communities.
Deadline for Application: Immediate
Mail, E-mail, or Fax resume to:
Cumberland Trail Conference
409 Thurman Ave, #102
Crossville, TN 38555